Sunday, September 30, 2012

Steampunk Walking Stick/ Steampunk Cane

Here is one of the props I will have this year for my Steampunk Hephaestus Costume.  The head of the cane is a brass hammer head.  The bottom portion is a brass piece from an old candle holder ala Goodwill.  The body of the cane was a hardwood wooden dowel that I found in my garage.  I have no idea what the dowel was originally purchased for, but it worked pretty well in this application.  I then added some brass upholstery tacks. 


















Well I can now post pics of one of my latest projects since it was a gift and has been delivered.  I've started to refer to this style as a Tesla Cane. 


The main housing began life as a sword cane that I found online.  It took quite a while to find one that was a Bear's head.

Here are some pics of the finished cane:


The EL wire was from ELLumiglow.  The plastic tube was from ePlastics
 
Here is a closer picture of the leather case that covers the battery pack to power the EL wire.  You do get some pretty impressive glow from just a AAA battery.  
 

 
Well that's all for now.  Gotta go work on some stuff:) 

2 comments: