Friday, September 21, 2012

Some Goggles

So onwards and upwards.  As we began to discuss this whole Teslacon thing I started to come up with some ideas for goggles.

Here were a couple of the first ones that I put together:

So my friend Sara likes Owls. So with this pair I was trying to to a stylized version of a great horned owl. I really need to get a better pic of these on her hat...




Geof wanted a steampunk monocle. So this is what took shape:

the round ring is part of a wall protector so your door doesn't damage the wall when you throw it open with too much panache

Here is the finished version:



Switched out the veggie tanned leather for some black leather.  Added some brass rivets and some 8 gauge brass wire for the connection to the head strap.

Here's a pic of the dashing couple with their custom eye wear.






1 comment: