Friday, October 5, 2012

Steampunk Shotgun Part 2

Still plugging away at the shotgun.  Had a bit of a set back with the staining.  If there was truth in advertising the following product:


Would actually be called:

It really does not stain as well as actual wood and any wood it touches won't take stain well either, but after some grumbling and sanding I was able to get a good stain on the stock.


The next part was a bit fiddly but I wanted to fill in the open section on the bottom gun, so I cut out a piece of heavy brass to fill it in.

Here is another picture of the brass cutout and the trigger:

Here is a pic of the trigger "mechanism"  from the top.  I'm going to reinforce this to make it a bit more robust.

Well that's all for now.  Hopefully this weekend I have a few hours to work on this.  Pretty soon I'll be adding the "fun stuff" to this piece.  
 
M-T-T
 

2 comments:

  1. Where do you get your brass and how do you cut it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the little accent piece behind the trigger? That's a great addition.

    ReplyDelete